Caloundra Regional Gallery is currently accepting applications from Sunshine Coast Council region artists to exhibit at Maroochydore Library Artspace, in partnership with Sunshine Coast Libraries.
How to submit an exhibition proposal
- Complete the Maroochydore Exhibition Proposal Form and include the required information with your submission.
- Attach a current CV of participating artist/s. CV's must be no more than one A4 page. For group exhibitions, applicants are asked to condense biographical information to half a page per participant.
- Supply 5 – 10 quality images that support the proposed exhibition in digital format (jpeg). Include title, date, medium, size for each image. For group exhibitions, applicants are asked to provide at least two images of each artist's work. If the proposal is for an installation or work not yet constructed, please include examples of prior work, with a detailed diagram or description of your proposed concept. Note: applications that do not include images will be considered incomplete and will not be assessed.
- Attachments must not exceed a combined total size of 10mb.
- Proposals can be submitted via email only: email@example.com
Information for prospective applicants
- Opportunity is open to Sunshine Coast Council region residents only.
- Exhibitions will run for six week period, commencing May 2019 until April 2020. Artists can nominate preferred exhibition dates but please note these cannot be guaranteed.
- There is no cost for artists to exhibit, however artists are responsible for the return transportation of their works to and from the library. Works must arrive with an appropriate frame and or support for hanging. A stretched canvas is considered framed.
- Due to space limitations and security, only 2-dimensional works are able to exhibited.
- Maroochydore Library Artspace floor plan with dimensions.
- The exhibition proposal is an expression of interest only. Due to limited places available, applications will be assessed by Caloundra Regional Gallery and Maroochydore Library staff. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified in writing.
- Special requirements for any exhibition including special hanging materials and accompanying events must to be outlined in the proposal form and will be taken into account by the curatorial panel.
- Professional support for the exhibition design and exhibition installation will be provided to successful applicants.
- Applications close Friday 07 December 2018.