Join accomplished artist Marvene Ash for a morning of en plein air drawings of subtropical plants and natives that surround the gallery. This is an explorative approach to drawing that is suitable for all stages from beginners onwards.
Marvene Ash is an accomplished artist who works and exhibits from her studio gallery The Fourth Garage in Maleny. She has a long background in teaching however drawing remains her first love.
Marvene is a third time finalist in the LALC art prize and was a category winner in 2018. She has exhibited work in the Caloundra Regional Gallery, the Cooroy Butter Factory, Bundaberg Regional Gallery and the gallery in her hometown of Goondiwindi.
Bring the following materials along with you on the day:
- small folding chair (or gallery wooden stools are available)
- backing board (work will be balanced on your knees or improvised supports)
- large sketch book (A3) or sheets of cut up cartridge – A3 size is preferable
- your choice of drawing materials (e.g. pencils, eraser, conte crayons, charcoal, felt pens, large markers).
- small range of water based colours (e.g. gouche, poster paint, watercolours)
- brushes of your choice.
- a rag and a small plastic water container.
Remember to bring a hat and wear comfortable sun-safe clothing.
|Location||Date and Time||Registration|
|Caloundra Regional Gallery||Saturday 24 April, 10.00am–12.30pm||Fully booked|
$40 per person. Suitable for ages 16+. Registration essential and limited places available.
A COVID-safe plan is in place, informed by Queensland Health directives. COVID safe principles must be followed – including appropriate social distancing and hand sanitisation. Do not attend the event if you feel unwell or develop any COVID-19 symptoms.