Join Sunshine Coast Art Prize finalist, Trevor Purvis for an intensive one day workshop based on techniques to energise your paintings. Participants will be guided through a series of techniques and finish off with a rapidly painted artwork.
$80, bookings required. Material list will be provided shortly.
|Location||Date and Time||Registration|
|Caloundra Regional Gallery||
Monday 30 August, 10am-4pm
This workshop is presented as part of Horizon Festival.
Materials list to bring
- Acrylic paints - some basic colours plus some of these. Australian Sienna, Red black, Green black, Green Grey, Salmon Gum pink, Naples yellow, Midnight Blue, Unbleached Titanium. Australian Yellow green. These are all unique Australian bush colours that will immediately outback your paintings.
- Heavy paper - at least 210GSM x 6 A3 size pages.
- A canvas or board to do final on. At least 70 x 70cms.
- A palette to mix on.
- An assortment of biggish soft, floppy brushes. Bunnings have some size 20 Renoirs in their craft section.
- Photo images of Australian bush references. Trees, hills, dry or running river beds, rocks, bushes, we will interpret and include these in your painted sketches and then use the sketches as reference for final painting.
- Your own easel or the gallery can provide a desk top easels (if you require a desk top easel email email@example.com prior to the workshop day)
- An apron or art shirt.
- Wear warm comfortable clothing as the gallery can be cool.