The Holmes Art Prize is an initiative of Dr Gary Holmes, a private collector of realistic Australian bird art.
Caloundra Regional Gallery presents two annual art prize exhibitions; the Sunshine Coast Art Prize; and Local Artists, Local Content (in partnership with Friends Regional Gallery Caloundra Inc.) as key initiatives in its annual program of exhibitions, and proudly supports the opportunity for local artists to enter and exhibit in The Holmes Art Prize.
Sunshine Coast Council and Caloundra Regional Gallery are providing the following support to the Holmes Art Prize 2019:
- Exhibition display at Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve
- Provision of artist agreements and associated administration
- Receiving and storing artworks prior to install
- Transporting artworks to the venue
- Installing and de-mounting the exhibition
Dr Holmes does not provide funds to Council/Caloundra Regional Gallery to support the delivery of the Holmes Art Prize; Dr Holmes provides the prize money for The Holmes Art Prize, with the winning artwork acquired into his personal collection.
Major Prize Winner
- Greg Postle | Broken | 2019 | Oil | 90 x 50cm
Awards for Excellence
- Katherine Cooper | Final Approach – White bellied Sea Eagle | 2019 | Transparent watercolour and gouache | 80 x 70cm
- Sally Edmonds | Budgies,Great Sandy Desert | 2019 | Pastel and colour pencil | 77 x 96cm
- Pete Marshall | In the Spotlight | 2019 | Coloured pencil | 65 x 90cm
- William Ritchie | Atratas | 2019 |Oil | 115 x 85cm
For more information visit the Friends’ Facebook page.