Join in and be inspired. The gallery offers a series of sensational hands on workshops. Engage in creative practices with Made by Hand, hosted by exhibiting and touring artists. Improve and challenge your art techniques and skills in these exclusive sessions. Programs available for beginners and experienced artists.
Workshop: Landscape Painting
Join exhibiting artist, Joe Daws for a workshop to introduce some basic concepts and techniques to aid the practice of landscape painting. Examine composition dynamics and explore them in practice through a series of studies working from photographs.
The workshop will consist of two parts. Firstly, an examination and analysis of composition, compositional dynamics and technical methods using a range of examples from past and present painters. Secondly, the participants will produce their own paintings from photographs and we will discuss the results. The focus of the practical will be the development of studies from which more complete works can be made.
|Location||Date and Time||Cost||Registration|
|Caloundra Regional Gallery
||Wednesday 3 July, 10am–3pm
Beginners welcome. Registration essential. Complimentary tea/coffee. Bring your own lunch.
- Pencil (graphite) and sharpener
- Painting materials
- Paint - either watercolour or acrylic or both
- Suitable paper for your type of paint no larger than A4, preferably smooth in texture. ~300gsm
- Brushes and a palette/mixing tray
- 3 small jars/container for cleaning brushes and some rag.
- A table easel or small board to work upon if you have one (not necessary)
View the workshop and event terms and conditions.