Certificates and searches for property information
  • Last updated:
  • 19 Jan 2021

Council can perform a variety of property searches. There are several ways to request searches:

  • lodge and pay online through MyCouncil (you will need to register to use this service)
  • submit the relevant search application form and pay the applicable fee. 

Note: applications will not be accepted without payment.

To comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, the use of credit cards is only available:

  • online through MyCouncil, or
  • in person.

Types of searches

  • building, plumbing and development
  • business licencing and health
    • health records
    • licence/s on same premise
    • invasive biosecurity matter
    • property inspection declared pest plants.
  • flooding
    • flood data provision
    • drainage deficiency area survey
    • flood information.
  • rates and valuation
    • rates property enquiry
    • rates and valuation certificate.

 Search application forms

 Search application forms contain:

  • full details of the various searches are available
  • timeframes for each search type
  • fees associated to the variety of searches.

Complete the relevant form:

Access details

Council may need access to a property to conduct an inspection. If so, council may need the phone number of the occupant or the agent holding the key to arrange access.

When requesting a full onsite building search, an 'authority to enter' may also be required. Please refer to the individual search request form requirements.

Other types of searches