- Last updated:
- 24 Oct 2017
The Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board, endorsed by Sunshine Coast Council in February 2016, will provide advice and direction for the council to consider as it develops a strategic blueprint to grow the region’s investment in the arts.
Role of the board
The board’s role is to:
- Guide, promote and help build the identity of the Sunshine Coast as an arts destination for tourism and industry.
- Advocate the region’s advantages to secure new investment in arts and cultural infrastructure.
- Provide strategic advice to Council in relation to arts and cultural facilities and infrastructure.
- Provide advice on strategic direction of wider cultural policy and strategy.
- Provide opportunities to develop philanthropic activity in relation to the regional arts offer.
The members of the board have a diverse range of skills, expertise and creative insight in strategic planning and the development of cultural policy.
The first priority for the board is to develop a framework for the development of a strategic, 20 year Regional Arts and Cultural Plan including a vision for the region’s cultural future.
Visit council's website for further information about the Arts Advisory Board.