Expressions of interest are now open – emerging visual artists
Caloundra Regional Gallery is currently accepting applications from artists residing in the Sunshine Coast Council region to exhibit at Maroochydore Library Artspace, in partnership with Sunshine Coast Libraries. Emerging artists are encouraged to apply. Maroochydore Library Artspace is a community space in which to have your artwork installed and exhibited professionally to the public. Community engagement through workshops and/or artists talks are also made possible through this opportunity and are supported and encouraged.
How to submit an exhibition proposal
- Complete the Maroochydore Exhibition Proposal Form[287KB] and include the required information with your submission.
- Attach a current CV of participating artist/s. CV's must be no more than one A4 page. For group exhibitions, applicants are asked to condense biographical information to half a page per participant.
- Specify total number of works including sizes and dimensions, and refer to the Maroochydore Library Artspace Floorplan [9249KB].
- Supply 5 – 10 quality images that support the proposed exhibition in digital format (jpeg). Include title, date, medium, size for each image. For group exhibitions, applicants are asked to provide at least two images of each artist's work. If the proposal is for an installation or work not yet constructed, please include examples of prior work, with a detailed diagram or description of your proposed concept. Note: applications that do not include images will be considered incomplete and will not be assessed.
- Attachments must not exceed a combined total size of 10mb.
- Proposals can be submitted via email only: [email protected]
Information for prospective applicants
- Opportunity is open to residents of the Sunshine Coast Council region only.
- Exhibitions will run for a six-week period, throughout each calendar year. Artists can nominate preferred exhibition dates but please note these cannot be guaranteed.
- There is no cost for artists to exhibit, however artists are responsible for the transportation of their works to and from the library. Works must arrive with an appropriate frame and or support for hanging. A stretched canvas is considered framed.
- Due to space limitations and security, only 2-dimensional works are able to be exhibited.
- The exhibition proposal is an expression of interest only. Due to limited places available, applications will be assessed by Caloundra Regional Gallery and Maroochydore Library staff. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified in writing.
- Special requirements for any exhibition including special hanging materials and accompanying events must to be outlined in the proposal form and will be taken into account by the curatorial panel.
- Professional support for the exhibition design and exhibition installation will be provided to successful applicants.
- Successful applicant will be chosen by a panel please allow up to 3-4 weeks for a response.