Entries are closed for the Sunshine Coast Art Prize.
The Sunshine Coast Art Prize 2019 is a national contemporary acquisitive award presented by Sunshine Coast Council. The award is open to any artist who is an Australian resident, working in a 2D medium. Forty finalists will be selected for exhibition at the Caloundra Regional Gallery and the winning work will be added to the Sunshine Coast Art Collection.
The Sunshine Coast Art Prize 2019 offers a prize pool of more than $30,000 in cash and prizes.
- Major Prize: $25,000 cash – sponsored by the Sunshine Coast Council.
- Highly Commended Prize: $5,000 cash – sponsored by the De Deyne Family.
- People’s Choice Prize: $2,500 cash – sponsored by Caloundra Chamber of Commerce.
- Sunshine Coast Art Prize Artists Residency: presented by Montville Country Cabins and Caloundra Regional Gallery.
- Entries open: Wednesday 30 January, 9am AEST (QLD)
- Entries close: Monday 8 April, 5pm AEST (QLD)
- Finalists announced: April 2019
- Exhibition dates: Thursday 25 July to Sunday 15 September
- Official opening and winners announced: Thursday 29 August 2019, 5pm
- Exhibition venue: Caloundra Regional Gallery
Alison Kubler – Sunshine Coast Art Prize 2019 Judge
Alison Kubler has a double major in Art History from the University of Queensland, Australia, and a Masters in Post-war and Contemporary Art History from Manchester University, England.
Alison Kubler has more than 20 years’ experience working as a curator in museums and galleries in Australia, including full-time curatorial positions at QUT Art Museum and Gold Coast City Art Gallery, and has also developed programs for Art Gallery of South Australia. Alison is a Member of the Council of the National Gallery of Australia, is a Board Director of the Museum of Brisbane, an Ambassador for the Institute of Modern Art, and an Ambassador for the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art.
Alison is a regular contributor to art journals and magazines such as Art Collector, MUSEUM, Manuscript, Neue Luxury and the Australian Financial Review Magazine on the subjects of art and fashion. Alison worked on the 2018 fashion and art program for the Sherman Centre for Culture and Ideas (SCCI). She was appointed Editor of VAULT Australasian Art & Culture magazine in May 2018.
The Sunshine Coast Art Prize is presented by the Caloundra Regional Gallery with support from Sunshine Coast Council, Argon Law, De Deyne Family, Caloundra Chamber of Commerce, IAS Fine Art Logistics, Montville Council Cabins.