Entries are now closed.
Open to Australian contemporary artists working in any 2D medium, the award offers a prize pool of more than $30,000.
The forty artworks selected as finalists will be exhibited at the Caloundra Regional Gallery from 26 August to 16 October 2022.
The recipients of the Major prize, Highly Commended and Artist Residency will be determined by our guest judge Ellie Buttrose, Curator, Contemporary Australian Art, QAGOMA. The major prizewinning artwork will be acquired into the Sunshine Coast Art Collection. Winners will be announced on 7 October 2022.
A People’s Choice prize will also be awarded, as voted by exhibition visitors.
Key dates and information
- Entries open: Monday 21 February 2022
- Entries close: 5pm Tuesday 10 May 2022 AEST
- Finalists announced: Friday 24 June 2022
- Exhibition: 26 August to 16 October 2022
- Winners announced: 7 October 2022
- Sunshine Coast Art Prize 2022 Judge – Ellie Buttrose, Curator, Contemporary Australian Art, QAGOMA
Prizes and supporters
- Major prize $25,000 – funded by major sponsor Argon Law Sunshine Coast and Sunshine Coast Council.
- Highly Commended prize $5,000 – sponsored by the De Deyne Family.
- People’s Choice prize: $2,500 – sponsored by the Caloundra Chamber of Commerce.
- Art prize vehicles – supported by Coastline BMW.
- Artist Residency award – supported by Montville Country Cabins.
- Artwork transport and logistics – International Art Services (IAS).
- Presented in partnership with Horizon Festival.
- Supported by Friends Regional Gallery Caloundra.
Follow the gallery on social media, or join the monthly newsletter.